Some errors I need help fixing.

Windows specific questions, problems.
madsn

Some errors I need help fixing.

Post by madsn »

Hey guys,

I just bought a new HTPC and I installed Windows 7 Ultimate. This is my first Windows based PC, so I started scouting for torrent programs and I stumbled upon qBittorrent which seems to fulfill all my needs like WebUI.

Everything is running smooth and I'm very satisfied with the software - except that I have 2 problems: (I am running qBittorrent v2.8.4)

1. The WebUI looks really good but it wont let me add torrents from my Mac (Running Lion and Chrome - have tried Firefox and Safari aswell) I have searched the internet for a fix, and I found out it was a bug in a previous version, but should be fixed - but not in my case.
2. The "Inhibit system to sleep when torrents are active"-option does not seem to work either. I ticked it, but my system still goes to sleep. I've looked trough the Windows 7 Power Management Settings, but have not been able to find anything that would fix the problem.

I hope some of you guys can help me.

Otherwise great program, and I would hate to change to another one because of these problems.

Regards,

Mads
ironcross

Re: Some errors I need help fixing.

Post by ironcross »

Sleeping is useless option, turn it off.
Control panel - Power options - Change when the computer sleeps - Put the computer to sleeps - Never.
madsn

Post by madsn »

Does not really solve my questions though...

I can live with the sleep not working since I got a remote which makes my HTPC go to sleep. But it's really frustrating that I can't add torrents via the WebUI.
Rastaman

Post by Rastaman »

I can't add torrents either (I'm on Windows), but I can add if I add from a link.
madsn

Post by madsn »

[quote="Rastaman"]
I can't add torrents either (I'm on Windows), but I can add if I add from a link.
[/quote]

When I try to add from a link, it's not working either.
skrech

Post by skrech »

I've posted a bug report for the WebUI here:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/qbittorrent/+bug/830565

May be you can add something to the description or at least click on "This bug affects me".
madsn

Post by madsn »

Fixed in next release. Thank you.
Candoris

Post by Candoris »

Fixed in next release. Thank you.
I can see 2.8.5 is out - is it in there?
loki

Post by loki »

My guess is it wasn't caught in time since the bugtracker says committed in 2.8.6
madsn

Post by madsn »

Can anymody confirm the WebUI error has been fixed?
loki

Post by loki »

Not really, 2.8.6 hasn't been released yet.