Work arround for malformed URL from sumotorrent search engine plugin.

Other platforms, generic questions.
qbittorrentuser1138

Work arround for malformed URL from sumotorrent search engine plugin.

Post by qbittorrentuser1138 »

I have created a script that will work for the firefox plugin "greasemonkey" or "scriptish" that does the following:
1.) The script detects when firefox is attempting to open the malformed sumotorrent URL given by the "Go to description" button in qbittorrent.
2.) It then corrects the malformed URL from "torrents.sumotorrent.comwww.sumotorrent.com" to "torrents.sumotorrent.com" and leaves the rest of the URL unchanged so that you are taken to the correct page without interruption. (You of course could just do that manually every time if you wish).

NOTES:
1.) You will need to install either the "greasemonkey" or "scriptish" plugins for Firefox in order to get the script to work. You will also have to install the script. Both of these things are as easy as clicking an install button on the addons page for firefox, and once the addon is installed and firefox is restarted, then just click on the scriptish or greasemonkey icon once you visit the malformed sumotorrent URL to install the script.
2.) If you wish to install scriptish or greasemonkey just do a search for those words on the addons page for firefox. To manually install, or view, the source code for my script, please visit the following link:
http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/115590
3.) This script can't fix the "Downlaod" button in qbittorrent for sumotorrents because that button doesn't appear to generate a webpage request and the greasemonkey or scriptish scripts can only work on webpages.

I'm not sure why this hasn't been fixed yet. There have been bug reports filed about this for a long time and up until v2.8 it still hasn't been fixed. I'm going to try v2.9 this afternoon to see if its been fixed, but if it hasn't at least I can get to sumotorrent description pages now using my script. If your good at scripting you might be able to rewrite my script to take you all the way to the correct download link and have it download automatically to a directory where qbittorrent checks for torrents to download. In any case, I hope this script helps those who are having the same problem or at least gets the ball rolling on a better work around or prompts a fix for the problem. Please let others know about this script if it helps. Thanks.
ironcross

Re: Work arround for malformed URL from sumotorrent search engine plugin.

Post by ironcross »

Thanks a lot for your contribution.
christophe.dumez

Post by christophe.dumez »

I don't think you guys are using the last version of the sumotorrent search plugin. I remember fixing this at least a month ago...
christophe.dumez

Post by christophe.dumez »

Could someone please try v1.2 of the plugin released on Sep 17 2011?
-> http://plugins.qbittorrent.org
ironcross

Post by ironcross »

Well, actually i don't use such things :)
Last edited by ironcross on Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:32 am, edited 1 time in total.