PSA: Maintenance notices / website updates

For the generic offtopic chit-chat
Drugwash

Re: PSA: Maintenance notices / website updates

Post by Drugwash »

It has always been a game of cat and mouse with all this online environment but my opinion is that from certain point on the "mice" have been gradually replaced by highly trained rats. Their purpose? Oh well, gonna spare you the conspiracy theory. ;)

Funny I never had the slightest curiosity in "testing" the capabilities of the portion of AI currently provided to the public at large under the name of chatGPT. Read a few things about it, including the infamous "DAN mode" hack but never pursued the subject. The fact that using it requires registration is one of the deterrents. I have been online long enough to have witnessed forum boards that didn't require any kind of registration whatsoever and where topics weren't so draconically censored, if at all, as they are now in most boards I happen to roam. Those were the days... :)

Thank you for your offer. Personally I do not curently know anyone that may need the registration favor but if that would ever be the case hopefully I would remember this option. Also hopefully any other [legit] persons would find at least this discussion and use the option should they need it. 8)