Windows tool for migration from Bittorrent/uTorrent/Deluge to qBittorrent

Windows specific questions, problems.
ionGL

Re: Windows tool for migration from Bittorrent/uTorrent/Deluge to qBittorrent

Post by ionGL »

You got it!

The latest update also fixed the .torrents with ONE file!

I've tested it on my main resume.dat with lots of torrents and all looks fine so far!

Awesome, awesome job. Thank you! I'm so happy to make the jump and use qBittorrent regularly.

I'll be here to report if anything comes up. 8)
rumanzo
VIP
VIP

Post by rumanzo »

ionGL wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 3:06 pm You got it!

The latest update also fixed the .torrents with ONE file!

I've tested it on my main resume.dat with lots of torrents and all looks fine so far!

Awesome, awesome job. Thank you! I'm so happy to make the jump and use qBittorrent regularly.

I'll be here to report if anything comes up. 8)
Thank you for you but report and big help with fixing. Today I release new version
ionGL

Post by ionGL »

Maybe mark it as tested and compatible with 2.2.1 (and possible older versions of utorrent)?

I don't know how it will behave for someone than wants to make the jump from 3.x.x. Although i had the same unfortunate results when i started with a fresh resume.dat generated by utorrent 3.5.5.

People should have backups and test this new v1.10 and then 1.9, if they come from 3.x.x.
rumanzo
VIP
VIP

Post by rumanzo »

When I was migrating all my torrents, I migrated from version 3.X, and now I testing on latest utorrent version. I think all will be fine
Bear

Post by Bear »

rumanzo,

Thank you very much for creating this tool. I recently used it to migrate over 1600 torrents from uTorrent to qBittorrent, and except for one problem which I'll elaborate on, it worked nicely.

The only problem was with torrents where files had been renamed. In uTorrent, if you click on the 'Files' tab for any torrent, it has a list of the files contained in the torrent, and if you right-click on any file, there is a 'Relocate...' option which allows you to change the filename. For any torrents where the filenames have been modified in this way, the import with your tool does not work properly. I am guessing that your tool uses the filenames from the .torrent files to create the .fastresume files. In resume.dat, the filenames are located in the 'targets' field, with a subfield for each filename, 'ITEM 1', 'ITEM 2', etc. If your tool used these filenames instead, then the import would work properly for renamed files.

Anyway, the tool is great; thank you for creating it and continuing to make improvements.
rumanzo
VIP
VIP

Post by rumanzo »

Bear wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:36 pm rumanzo,

Thank you very much for creating this tool. I recently used it to migrate over 1600 torrents from uTorrent to qBittorrent, and except for one problem which I'll elaborate on, it worked nicely.

The only problem was with torrents where files had been renamed. In uTorrent, if you click on the 'Files' tab for any torrent, it has a list of the files contained in the torrent, and if you right-click on any file, there is a 'Relocate...' option which allows you to change the filename. For any torrents where the filenames have been modified in this way, the import with your tool does not work properly. I am guessing that your tool uses the filenames from the .torrent files to create the .fastresume files. In resume.dat, the filenames are located in the 'targets' field, with a subfield for each filename, 'ITEM 1', 'ITEM 2', etc. If your tool used these filenames instead, then the import would work properly for renamed files.

Anyway, the tool is great; thank you for creating it and continuing to make improvements.
Thank you for you report. You right, I use torrent file for create fastresume files. I check this problem later and answer.
rumanzo
VIP
VIP

Post by rumanzo »

I see. It's new functionality of uTorrent, I don't did not take into this functionality, when I write bt2qbt. I need time to adapt
Bear

Post by Bear »

rumanzo wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 12:26 pm I see. It's new functionality of uTorrent, I don't did not take into this functionality, when I write bt2qbt. I need time to adapt
Thanks for looking into it. The functionality is not new, however, as I was using uTorrent 2.2.1, which is quite old, and it has this functionality. I think 'targets' is only created in resume.dat for torrents where files have been renamed.
ashishkumarji

Post by ashishkumarji »

it's valid torrents, but it didn't load additional info by DHT yet when I used your tool. get-vidmateapp.com get-mobdroapk.com
Last edited by ashishkumarji on Sat May 01, 2021 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DeathStalker

Post by DeathStalker »

Honestly, just HOW accurate is it (especially with uT 2.2.1)? Last time I tried it is screwed up a LOT of my torrents making them re-hash (99.9% issue) and I couldn't recover them because I was the only seeder.

I have over 2000 titles in my client and over a dozen sites - many with cross-seeding. This is something that CANNOT screw up my setup up :)

Also, many of the titles in the client don't match the directories & sub-directories they are in. Also, MANY of the .torrent files do not match what the file name is in the directory it resides. I would REALLY like to switch to qB, as in testing, it picked up more peers than uT 2.2.1 (and subsequent v3.x versions consistently crash for some reason, even 3.5.5). I am EXTREMELY nervous in the conversion, considering my prior experience (can't tell you what version I used). I should also add that I have the client in a specific folder, NOT the AppData\Roaming\\uTorrent folder, and I have the FINISHED torrent files in a different folder than the client.

I'm expect that, since it actually reading the resume.dat file, it should have all the CORRECT folder names and locations, right? Also, does it translate uT Tags to qB Tags?

Thanks.

And does it HAVE to re-hash?!
DeathStalker

Post by DeathStalker »

Well, I took the chance. And I have to say it not only worked 100% PERFECT, it also did it DAMN FAST! :) Thank you SO much for this tool! :)
rumanzo
VIP
VIP

Post by rumanzo »

DeathStalker wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 12:54 am Well, I took the chance. And I have to say it not only worked 100% PERFECT, it also did it DAMN FAST! :) Thank you SO much for this tool! :)
Thank you, I designed it to be fast and I am pleased to see such a review.
rumanzo
VIP
VIP

Post by rumanzo »

DeathStalker wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:11 am Honestly, just HOW accurate is it (especially with uT 2.2.1)? Last time I tried it is screwed up a LOT of my torrents making them re-hash (99.9% issue) and I couldn't recover them because I was the only seeder.
I understand you, and it will be the same. From readme:
*** Partially downloaded torrents will be visible as 100% completed, but in fact you will need to do a rehash. Without rehash torrents not will be valid. This is due to the fact that conversion of .dat files in which parts of objects are stored is not implemented.

It only affects not completed torrents.
DeathStalker wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:11 am I have over 2000 titles in my client and over a dozen sites - many with cross-seeding. This is something that CANNOT screw up my setup up
5 years ago I accidently drop my utorrent folder in user profile, and get about 10Tb unsorted data scattered across multiple hard drives. I understand you ;-)
But mostly you not risk at all, just backup you utorrent folder, if something go wrong - just switch back.

You can test with another torrent client - bittorrent (if you use utorrent), for example. The same with different name and different folder in you profile.
DeathStalker wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:11 am Also, many of the titles in the client don't match the directories & sub-directories they are in. Also, MANY of the .torrent files do not match what the file name is in the directory it resides. I would REALLY like to switch to qB, as in testing, it picked up more peers than uT 2.2.1 (and subsequent v3.x versions consistently crash for some reason, even 3.5.5). I am EXTREMELY nervous in the conversion, considering my prior experience (can't tell you what version I used). I should also add that I have the client in a specific folder, NOT the AppData\Roaming\\uTorrent folder, and I have the FINISHED torrent files in a different folder than the client.
bt2qbt must correctly handle this folders, but I have issue with that https://github.com/rumanzo/bt2qbt/issues/27 , maybe it won't affect you . I will fix it soon.
DeathStalker wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:11 am And does it HAVE to re-hash?!
You will must do re-hash for started torrents. But if there are incompleted, you will see 99.9%, because parts of pieces stores in utorrent .dat files, that I am not able to handle.

If it's ok for you - you can try and see. My advice - stop all you torrents previously.
DeathStalker

Post by DeathStalker »

It worked great for all the completed torrents, some of them, when I had them in a different sub-folder, created new !qB folder, sub-folder, and items, but didn't touch the original uT completed files.

How do you convert unfinished uT (*.!ut) files to the partially finished qB files?

Thanks!

--- Adam
rumanzo
VIP
VIP

Post by rumanzo »

DeathStalker wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 10:42 pm It worked great for all the completed torrents, some of them, when I had them in a different sub-folder, created new !qB folder, sub-folder, and items, but didn't touch the original uT completed files.
Some of them wasn't added to qBittorrent correctly?
DeathStalker wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 10:42 pm How do you convert unfinished uT (*.!ut) files to the partially finished qB files?
Short answer - nohow. I suggest that you will disable this funtion in uTorrent\Bittorrent previously.
And I don't remember will extension of files in torrent change for the already added torrents or not, I would need to check it.
I will add this later in the documentation