Unable to add search engines

Windows specific questions, problems.
Phoenix

Unable to add search engines

Post by Phoenix »

I did install Python which was offered to me by qBittorrent 4.1.4 (64-Bit) when I clicked on the Search tab but no matter what search engine I try to add it doesn't work.

Has anyone been successful in doing this and how?

ad2000

Re: Unable to add search engines

Post by ad2000 »

Same problem here:
  • windows 7 64bit
  • qbittorrent_4.1.4_x64_setup.exe clean install
  • view > search engines > Python needed > Yes, Install (installs v3.6.6 32 bit)
  • click on tab "Search", then "search extensions", "check updates"
results: about ten pop-ups saying "unsupported extension".
[email protected]

Post by [email protected] »

I have the exact same problem. Any plugins I can find, has the same result when trying to install them: "...not supported...".
This is after I have formatted my desktop disks, and started to reinstall all apps. Before formatting, I was using some Qbit version starting with 4.1.X, without problems. Then I also formatted another desktop, and found no problem when re-installing the latest Qbittorrent version.
The only difference was that the one that works, is a W7Ultimate version of windows o/s, and the the one that does not work, is a windows W10Pro version. I then uninstalled Qbittorrent and re-installed a version 3.x.x of it. That also did not get the plug-ins to install. Same message of " ... not supported...". I then upgraded it to the latest version of qbittorrent, but still the plug-ins would not work.
Can anyone help?
GGRFH

Post by GGRFH »

I update from 4.1.3 to 4.1.4 about a week ago and have just manually installed about 6-7 new search engines from https://github.com/qbittorrent/search-p ... ch-plugins and not had any issues installing, I do however have the latest Python installed v3.7.1  so maybe thats what the install is complaining about
[email protected]

Post by [email protected] »

I am unable to remember the reason, but there is a specific reason why there is both a Python 2 and Python 3. I think it has something to do with other apps being affected. And Python 2 does not have any such drawbacks. So I stick to Python 2. What I did next, was to re-nstall W10 AGAIN, because it just stopped with a message that there is a prblem and cannot be fixed, even after trying all the so-called remedies provided by Microsoft. Again, Qbit did not install the plugins.
Next I looked up how to disable Windows defender, followed the instructions and got it disabled. Then I also uninstalled the Windows "update" KB4023057.
And then at last, without doing anything else, the plugins installed themselves after clicking on the "update plugins". I have not downloaded anything yet, but hopefully it will! At least I got the plugins installed.