Linux specific questions, problems.
Dschingis

compiling libtorrent

Post by Dschingis »

Hi everyone,

today I tried to compile libtorrent, unfortunatly i got the following error:

Code: Select all

*snip*
libtool: compile:  g++ -DPACKAGE_NAME=\"libtorrent-rasterbar\" -DPACKAGE_TARNAME=\"libtorrent-rasterbar\" -DPACKAGE_VERSION=\"0.14.12\" "-DPACKAGE_STRING=\"libtorrent-rasterbar 0.14.12\"" -DPACKAGE_BUGREPORT=\"[email protected]\" -DPACKAGE_URL=\"\" -DPACKAGE=\"libtorrent-rasterbar\" -DVERSION=\"0.14.12\" -DSTDC_HEADERS=1 -DHAVE_SYS_TYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_SYS_STAT_H=1 -DHAVE_STDLIB_H=1 -DHAVE_STRING_H=1 -DHAVE_MEMORY_H=1 -DHAVE_STRINGS_H=1 -DHAVE_INTTYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_STDINT_H=1 -DHAVE_UNISTD_H=1 -DHAVE_DLFCN_H=1 -DLT_OBJDIR=\".libs/\" -DHAVE_PTHREAD=1 "-DHAVE_BOOST_SYSTEM=/**/" "-DHAVE_BOOST_ASIO=/**/" "-DHAVE_BOOST=/**/" "-DHAVE_BOOST_FILESYSTEM=/**/" "-DHAVE_BOOST_THREAD=/**/" "-DHAVE_BOOST_REGEX=/**/" "-DHAVE_BOOST_PROGRAM_OPTIONS=/**/" -DBOOST_ASIO_HASH_MAP_BUCKETS=1021 "-DTORRENT_USE_OPENSSL=/**/" -DHAVE_LIBZ=1 -DWITH_SHIPPED_GEOIP_H=1 "-DTORRENT_BUILDING_SHARED=/**/" "-DBOOST_EXCEPTION_DISABLE=/**/" "-DNDEBUG=/**/" -I. -pthread -I/usr/include -ftemplate-depth-100 -I../include -I../include/libtorrent -Os -pthread -DBOOST_MULTI_INDEX_DISABLE_SERIALIZATION -I/usr/include/openssl -DHAVE_SSL -g -O2 -MT peer_connection.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/peer_connection.Tpo -c peer_connection.cpp  -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/peer_connection.o
In file included from ../include/libtorrent/peer_connection.hpp:42:0,
                 from peer_connection.cpp:41:
../include/libtorrent/debug.hpp: In constructor 'libtorrent::logger::logger(const boost::filesystem3::path&, const boost::filesystem3::path&, int, bool)':
../include/libtorrent/debug.hpp:67:18: error: 'complete' is not a member of 'libtorrent::fs'
../include/libtorrent/debug.hpp:67:18: note: suggested alternative:
/usr/include/boost/filesystem/v3/operations.hpp:279:8: note:   'boost::filesystem3::complete'
make[1]: *** [peer_connection.lo] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/myaccount/qbittorrentcompile/qBittorrent_compiling/libtorrent/src'
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
Google says, that I'm not the only one with the problem and some ppl said to add the -DBOOST_FILESYSTEM_VERSION=2 flag and it should work then...

Now I tried to add this flag at various spots (./configure, modify configure, modify a bunch of other files) but unfortunatly nothing seems to work and it ignores the flag in the compiling process (see above). Now after 1-2 hours of trying around i surrendered and created this account :)

So does this even fix the problem, and if yes how to add this freaking flag to the compiling process? :>

thanks in advance
frommelmak

Re: compiling libtorrent

Post by frommelmak »

Hi!

You need to pass the falg at the end of the configure command. For example:

./configure --prefix=/opt/somewhere --enable-debug=no CPPFLAGS='-DBOOST_FILESYSTEM_VERSION=2'

Hope this helps.

+info: http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_48_0/li ... /index.htm