Silence

For the generic offtopic chit-chat
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Silence

Post by Peter »

Hmm I've been wondering about this for a while..
We've got about ~50+ users already and yet no one starts a new topic, no one posts around.... quite strange.
Anyone else got this feeling or is it just me?
ironcross

Re: Silence

Post by ironcross »

The matter is not all users to post about everything, but to be posted only quality topics, which would be helpful for the users or interesting for them. I check the forum several times a day and if i find some post where i can help - i will do it. Also qBittorrent needs more popularity - then we will have more users and new posts in the forum. I always check the torent clients of the other peers and i saw a qBittorrent user only 1 time and then i decided to try this torrent client. Every other users using:
  • uTorrent
  • Vuze
  • BitComet
  • FlashGet
  • FDM
This is sad, because qBittorent is great client. So we have low program popularity and logical sequence is low activity in the forum. Maybe christophe.dumez must try banner exchange with some sites or something like that to raise the interest to qBittorrent. Respect.
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Peter »

Guess after the What.cd whitelist, other trackers will think about qBittorrent in a different way they did before.

(The only thing we still lack is uTP support while uTorrent is already using the second revision of the uTP header (well.. their invention, but still.. its a huge advantage.))
Nemo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Nemo »

Must be the popularity indeed and the number of users. Many need to discover this client still I guess lol :mrgreen: .. Its so rare that I almost never see any qBittorrent user in the peerlist, imma take a picture and post it here if I see one again :lol: !
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Peter »

Hmm that screenshot thingie is a nice idea. I saw one once.. maybe we should open a thread for these pictures.

:D
Nemo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Nemo »

Nice idea but the security of that person must be safe, meaning hiding the ip adress and the name of downloading file ofcourse :mrgreen: ..!
ironcross

Post by ironcross »

[quote=""NeMo_0""]Nice idea but the security of that person must be safe, meaning hiding the ip adress and the name of downloading file ofcourse :mrgreen: ..![/quote]
of course 8-)
BTW in the private tracker which i'm member there is no blacklist or whitelist - every torrent client is allowed ;)
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Peter »

Yeah.. well.. on nCore there is no blacklist in effect so far. Some of the trackers don't even support this feature, or they support it if you compile it in. So basically you have to add the whitelist stuff INTO THE SOURCE CODE (yeah, quite crazy) and then compile & run it.

Its just... really lame.
(Also, most of the trackers got serious bugs. Sadly, there is no real project started yet to fix this. As far as I know xbt is the running stuff beneath everywhere, but its been dead for a looong time. Someone should really start an open-source tracker like What.cd did with Gazelle Frontend.)
ironcross

Post by ironcross »

Check this:
[attachment=0:1e9054ak]qbittorrent_user.png[/attachment:1e9054ak]
8-)
Attachments
qbittorrent_user.png
WLS

Post by WLS »

[quote=""shiki""]Hmm I've been wondering about this for a while..
We've got about ~50+ users already and yet no one starts a new topic, no one posts around.... quite strange.
Anyone else got this feeling or is it just me?[/quote]

I think it is because qBittorrent just isn't that popular of a client. I do see it in my client lists once in awhile.

I check this forum once a week. :)
ironcross

Post by ironcross »

[quote=""WLS""]
I check this forum once a week. :)[/quote]
Check it at least once a day ;)
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Peter »

Damn I just started this thread a while ago and my internet connection have gone silent. That's my luck I guess. Well.. I'll be online from now on, so keep the thread rollin' :)
ironcross

Post by ironcross »

[quote=""shiki""]Damn I just started this thread a while ago and my internet connection have gone silent. That's my luck I guess. Well.. I'll be online from now on, so keep the thread rollin' :)[/quote]
OK, boss 8-)
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Peter »

Hah, it's nothing like that. :)

Since I installed the forum engine, I got the "site admin" title but that's it I guess. I only keep it online, you people keep it running. :)
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Peter »

Chris is back, new releases are coming out daily. :)

Want that new package for Windows (and libUTP support :()