Silence

For the generic offtopic chit-chat
Nemo
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Silence

Post by Nemo »

Also seen the faster releases every few days which is good :D ! Im very happy with the windows version :). Btw libUTP, is that the uTp protocol you mean?

EDIT:
w00t finally found someone in peerlist with qB :mrgreen: !
Nemo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Nemo »

Im like; Coming to qBittorrent homepage, seeing new version, thinking.. YEAH! But need to wait few days more till windows version gets up haha :lol: !

EDIT: Btw very stable v2.4.8 here.
ironcross

Post by ironcross »

I saw qBittorrent announced in one of the biggest bulgarian sites:

8-)
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Peter »

Maybe I should send this link around.

Sadly the 2.4.9 dies on the new 0.1 ocelot, I'll try reporting a bug when I'll have enough time to debug it. I just get an error message and thats it.
Nemo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Nemo »

2.4.9.1 (!) already damn :D ~! I also tested the new beta and it seems quite stable, but ill stick to the curret stable version till it gets final.
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Peter »

Oh well..
Report:
- Updated the phpBB to the latest version
- Activated ATLBL's hardest spam filtering setting
- ReCaptcha .. spammers, lets read some book. :P
- Added favicon. (Which works on Chrome but fails on Pale Moon ... damn.)

Any wishes? :)
ironcross

Post by ironcross »

Well done 8-)
klischee

Post by klischee »

It's really weird so less people are using qBittorrent. I tried so many clients but I really think qBT is quite the best open source client, though it has a lots of bugs with every new version - but at least they get fixed very fast. ^^

I did registered qBT on some sites like alternativeto.net (it got 8 likes yet, yeah! 100x less than uTorrent :D) and filled up my signature in torrent related forums (except of this one :? ), because I think this project just needs more publicity.

On the other hand other clients like deluge, halite & co are also very, very rarely used. The only open sourced ones I often see in the peer list are transmission and vuze.

But who cares how many people use this client as long as christophe has fun with it's development and gives out updatesforevermore :D
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Peter »

Been sick for a while.. and now I see some activity. Very nice.
(Though there were three spam topics, its a nice ratio compared to the posted nice ideas.)
ironcross

Post by ironcross »

Another one user from Bulgaria, using the latest QB version 8-)
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Peter »

Nice. I promote the client and give support to every problem they face. Good thing I didn't have to open a bugreport so far and be a "medium" between the end-user and Chris. :)

Btw I had a strange bug, I'll report it and get it sorted out. For some reason I just cant add older torrents, so can't really switch from uTorrent on the fly on my older machines. (qBittorrent can't find the files.)
ironcross

Post by ironcross »

Some canadian user, maybe using sledgehammer_999's 2.6.7 release?
ShakaZ

Post by ShakaZ »

Swiss user here 8-)

Nemo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Nemo »

FEATURE: Added full libtorrent v0.16 support (uTP, ...)

w00000t we got uTp support with qB 2.8.0 :D !! GREAT!
Nemo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Nemo »

uTorrent To Launch a Paid Version.

The uTorrent team is working on a paid version of the leading BitTorrent client that will enable users to convert videos and transfer files to external devices. Branded uTorrent Plus, the extended uTorrent client will be be released to the public this coming fall. uTorrent’s parent company BitTorrent Inc. hopes the Plus version will bring in some extra revenue, but considering the target audience it is expected to ‘suffer’ from piracy as well.
-
And people still using it? At version 3.0 it already got bloated, even its small size it has still unnecessary things inside. MPAA/RIAA, Bittorrent Inc. and now also paid version coming soon. Some say you can use the old versions but most of them have security leaks or other problems. Don't forget how Azureus also lost their throne with the bloat inside and also changed name to Vuze. Classic theme still available but still.. If I see how Azureus 2.5.0.4 was and uTorrent 1.6.1 and how they are now.. indeed. I think more people will be interested to try qBittorrent as looking for an alternative. Being Open Source is a big plus and also that qBittorrent is clean without any adware/crap. Well, I like my client now even more, qB ;).

:D!
Last edited by Nemo on Sat Jul 16, 2011 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.