Trouble connecting on 2nd Netword adapter.

Linux specific questions, problems.
raimZ

Trouble connecting on 2nd Netword adapter.

Post by raimZ »

Hi all  :D,

I'm new to these forums, qBittorrent, and Ubuntu/linux in general. 

I'm coming from windows and uTorrent and able to set up everything fine over there.  I can also use my 2nd network card (PCI) exclusively for uTorrents, and my primary onboard network card for everything else.  I have 2 internet lines, one connected to each network card.  In the advanced settings of qBittorrent there's that nice little setting where I can choose the network card to use.  If I set it to "Any Interface" I can have a green connection and everything is fine.  This uses my default connection which is on a quota limited but fast internet connection.  I'd rather it not suck up my bandwidth on this line.  My 2nd netword card is connected to a slower albeit unlimited connection which I would prefer to use with qBittorrent, so when i select it as the interface of choice in the Adv settings, the connection status is yellow, and I cannot get any DHT connections, and thus nothing is moving.  If I switch things around and make my 2nd network card the default network adapter in Ubuntu, and switch the qBittorrent to use any interface...I am able to download.

As far as I know, i'm having trouble getting qBittorent to use anything but the system's default network interface.

Thanks in advanced!  Looking forward to any help.