HELP: How do I specify which IPs to listen to?

Other platforms, generic questions.
ConfusedAdmin

HELP: How do I specify which IPs to listen to?

Post by ConfusedAdmin »

I'm trying to specify specific IP addresses to listen to, but the UI, and it seems the config file, are not specific enough and it is preventing IPv6 from functioning properly. I'll explain.

I'm running version 4.4.0 on FreeBSD, and the server listens on both v4 and v6 addresses.

IPv4 works fine, no problems.. there is only one IPv4 address assigned to the interface in use.

IPv6 must be confusing QB because there are TWO addresses assigned to the interface.. the link-local address starting with fe80:: and the actual address used for routing over the internet.

The option in the UI or config file are basically to choose v4, v6, or "listen on all addresses." I have to choose listen on all interfaces to get QBit working on both v4 and v6.

QB starts to listen on both the link-local address and the actual address. Inbound IPv6 traffic is happy. It's the outbound traffic that gets broken. QB decides to try and send out using the link-local address, which won't work:

Code: Select all

[fe80::xxxx:xxxx:xxxx:xxxx]:38763 [2a03:1b20:xxxx:xxxx::xxxx]:1 out via ix1
I created a local firewall rule to deny outbound QBit traffic from fe80:: to try and get it to try the second address, the one that can route, but that didn't work. QBit wants to send with link-local or nothing at all.

QUESTION: How can I specify the IPv4 & IPv6 addresses to use and not be stuck with a wildcard that grabs link-local and won't let go?

Thank you for the help.

[EDIT]
If I specify Advanced -> Optional IP Address to bind to -> And select just the IPv6 address I want then IPv6 works fine, but then I lose IPv4.