How to migrate Vuze library to qBittorrent?

Windows specific questions, problems.
zzzzzz

How to migrate Vuze library to qBittorrent?

Post by zzzzzz »

Hi, I just found out about qBittorrent and decided to go for it. My problem is that I've been using Vuze for some years and I have now some hundreds of torrents that I've downloaded and would like to keep seeding in qBittorrent. How can I make it import Vuze's library, so that it knows where the torrents are etc? Is it possible?
Regards

EDIT: sorry, I forgot to mention I'm on Win7 64 bits and that the folders for the downloaded files are stored in different drives and even under different names (when in the same harddrive)
Last edited by zzzzzz on Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ciaobaby

Re: How to migrate Vuze library to qBittorrent?

Post by ciaobaby »

File -> Import Existing Torrent -> Point qBT to the location

But if the files or directories have been renamed ..... You have no chance.
zzzzzz

Post by zzzzzz »

Thanks for your reply! But do I have to do this for _every_ torrent? Isn't there a way to simply point a folder or something? I imagine that the library file from Vuze should be pretty generic, maybe qBittorrent could read it?
ciaobaby

Post by ciaobaby »

Normally, Yes there is, but because of this;
and even under different names (when in the same harddrive)
qBT will not 'find' the payload in the default storage location without manual intervention.
zzzzzz

Post by zzzzzz »

Oh, I see, but for the torrents that still are in the default folder, how can I import all these torrents? If I'm not mistaken, the way you appointed can only import one file at a time. Thanks again!
ciaobaby

Post by ciaobaby »

Set up a "Watched Folder" put the metadata files in that.

Put the payload in the folder that is set as  "Keep incomplete ...." (

qBT will load the jobs and check the payload (method tested and verified in v3.2.0)
zzzzzz

Post by zzzzzz »

Thanks!! But how do I set up "Watched Folder" (otherwise than simply creating a new folder and copying files) and set it to "Keep incomplete"? By "metafiles" you mean the *.torrent files, right? As it is right now, I can't import folders, just files
ciaobaby

Post by ciaobaby »

Set up a watch folder:
Tools -> Options -> Downloads -> Automatically load torrents from: -> [ Add Folder... ]

And yes, metadata files have a .torrent extension
zzzzzz

Post by zzzzzz »

I tried your suggestion of setting a Watched folder with 'Keep incomplete' selected for my payload folder, but qBittorrent started to download many torrents I already have and it dawned on me that this won't work. I thought I could try doing this method for every folder in my drives that contain torrent payload, but it won't recognize the others, besides it is copying the files to the new location ('Save files to location') specified in tools. Urghh.. damn you Vuze, I guess I'm stuck with you till hell tears us apart.

Thanks a lot ciaobaby for your suggestions though, and for bearing with me all this time. Best!
sledgehammer_999
Administrator
Administrator

Post by sledgehammer_999 »

Basically I don't think you can mass import files from Vuze. You'll have to do it one by one unless you have your data saved under the same root path. Then add as watched folder the folder where Vuze saves the .torrent files, then as a default save path put the common root path and UNSELECT the "keep incomplete torrents in:".
zzzzzz

Post by zzzzzz »

Yes, but that's the problem, having just one root path. I could even put all sparse folders in only one folder, but my drives are already full, so I can't put it in only one folder in one drive (I have 4 HDDs) - it could be in one folder per drive, but that's it. Well, thank you for your suggestions!