Why does it show "downloading" when there aren't any peers and it shows no speed

Windows specific questions, problems.
gordow

Why does it show "downloading" when there aren't any peers and it shows no speed

Post by gordow »

I have many torrents sitting there showing downloading but there is no action with them whatsoever, no speed , no peers, no seeds.

Any reason why i'm seeing this?
Nemo
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Why does it show "downloading" when there aren't any peers and it shows no speed

Post by Nemo »

Cause its on downloading state? Even if there is no peers available and nothing is being transferred (yet) it will show ''Downloading'' and also searching for peers in the meantime.

Many torrents showing downloading and doing nothing sounds a bit weird to me, or you're trying to download low peers/dead torrents maybe. Can you upload an image if possible?
Last edited by Nemo on Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sledgehammer_999
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Why does it show "downloading" when there aren't any peers and it shows no speed

Post by sledgehammer_999 »

If there is no traffic the status should change to "stalled". Are you sure there isn't any upload?

A screenshot would be better I think.
Qbert

Post by Qbert »

I am also experiencing the same issue. Windows Vista Pro, QB-3.1.9.2

loki

Post by loki »

Your screenshot shows that it can't reach any host for a DHT torrent. (you also have no DHT nodes, see below) It needs to first download the metadata to know what it's actually downloading before it starts.

I also see that the connection icon is yellow, which is OK, unless it stays yellow which could mean you can't connect to other peers, you need to forward a port and/or allow it access through firewall.
Qbert

Post by Qbert »

Loki, Weird! After closing the program I tried searching for it in my installed programs. It didn't show up. I re-ran the install/setup program and the main window re-appeared with all the listed torrents present and currently downloading. No idea what happened but it looks like the issue has been resolved. Thanx for your response!