Very Strange Problem !

Discuss suggestions and ideas for the forums, site, software.
Shaer

Very Strange Problem !

Post by Shaer »

I've noticed a very strange problem on my new build pc which has a intel lan card on Asus z170 pro gaming motherboard... Let me tell u details.

After buying a new motherboard, processor and ram, i re-setup a fresh windows 7 64bit on 256gb ssd. well, after that i noticed qBittorrent download speed is very low, normally on my older pc, i got around 170-180 kB/s download speed, but on new pc, i'm getting only 50-60 KB/s download speed which is sometimes showing me 'stalled' and nothing download at all...

so i did uninstall qBittorrent totally, cleared all the app data and re-setup qBittorrent version 3.3.7.... but the problem still persists, i did also reset my router to factory defaults, but no luck either.... i did try Bitcomet and other torrent client, they are also performing very good !

And now the very strange part, i'm also running this same qBittorrent version on same internet line on my office which has that old pc, everything is fine and fresh, getting download speed around 170-190 KB/s and no problem at all....

So, my question is, what might caused this problem?

Thanks
Shaer
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Very Strange Problem !

Post by Peter »

1) Do you have firewall enabled? You have to allow qBittorrent on it, or disable the firewall.
2) Where do you download to? To the SSD?
3) If you open Task Manager, do you see anything? Like Disk is working? CPU? Anything?
4) If you enable "Execution Log" in qBittorrent, and check it, do you see anything?
5) Increase RAM cache to 768mb for example. Maybe it's some cache related thing.
Shaer

Re: Very Strange Problem !

Post by Shaer »

1) yes, i have firewall. named tinywall. and qBittorrent is in white-list from the beginning.
2) I tried download to ssd and my other hdd too... no luck though.
3) In Task Manager, i see everything is running fine :)
4) I haven't enabled execution log, need to see this...
5) Well, about cache related thing, i need to check this tonight too...

Thanks for your reply  :)